Today is my birthday! It feels like any other day really. As usual, it’s close to Easter and the weather varies from the 30s to the 70s. I can never be sure around here what the temperature will be on my birthday! In my past, I’ve had outdoor sprinkler/water balloon parties (age 7ish) to indoor parties (almost every other year). This year, as most years, I’m taking it easy! Dinner with Alex and my parents and then probably lazing around watching movies and eating ice cream. To be honest, I’m not a huge cake fan, I’d rather get dessert at a restaurant than deal with cake.
I’m going to talk about 24 lessons I’ve learned, goals I have, and things in general about me that have happened in these past 24 years!
24 on 24
1. Pets can be just as important to you as people are, and their passing can affect you profoundly.
2. Your friends aren’t always your friends.
3. Getting into a relationship hoping to fix/change someone is impossible and fruitless. It will only lead to hurting everyone involved.
4. Don’t date someone who you feel that you have to parent/lead around/constantly support. You need supporting too, it’s a two way street.
5. Being an adult is hard.
6. You can still high five your S.O in the supermarket after finding a great deal no matter how old you are, in my humble opinion.
7. One day I’ll be able to plan my grocery shopping better.
8. Before I turn 30 I want to travel to Alaska!
9. This is the year I’m going to adopt a cat, or two, or five. (Just kidding about the five part, I wouldn’t have enough space for that!)
10. You have to fight your own way through the world to reach your dreams, but it’s also important to be able to roll with the punches and not let them knock you all the way down.
11. When I had suddenly decided that I was going to be a spinster forever with cats; love smacked me right in the face.
12. Shopping at a grocery store on a holiday is horrible and no one should ever do it ever.
13. I still don’t like to parallel park, even if my car is short and easy to maneuver.
14. Apartment hunting is even harder than parallel parking or shopping at the grocery store on a holiday.
15. Cut toxic people out your life.
16. Relaxing is one of the most important things and if you don’t do it, it can lead to over stressing, and no one wants that!
17. Living somewhere for five years leads to a lot of useless items in your place.
18. Explore the city that you’re living in and you might find something amazing that you’ve never noticed before!
19. I still don’t like crusts on my bread/pizza/cookies/anything and that’s probably never going to change.
20. I still buy go-gurt, lunchables, and dino egg oatmeal when I start to feel too old, it makes me feel young again…and it’s kind of fun to eat the things you used to eat as a kid again!
21. Love is complicated and forgiveness is even more complicated, but if it’s special than you have to work at it. It’s like the streets in Pittsburgh, potholed, steep and winding, and mildly frustrating, but they take you home.
22. College is nothing like they said in high school, and neither are the best years of your life.
23. Pick up truck drivers are always jerks, and I’ve yet to be swayed on this subject. In fact, just this week one was driving up the middle of the road, not even in his lane, and almost hit me in a turning lane. Seriously. They are jerks.
24. I started out as a girl who ignored play group to play outside all alone, who read under her desk all through school, and who blended into the background. But I’ve come an awful long way since then, so much so that I think people who knew me in elementary school would be shocked. 24 years can change a person.
I’m also giving away some awesome stuff! I thought it’d be pretty cool to give away some books that I love a lot, so I’m giving away a copy of Bee and Puppycat, Uzumaki, and The Room! Along with some other goodies, like pokemon stickers, glass pendants (that I made!), pencil earrings, and a temporary tattoo that I designed!
I’ve also teamed up with a shop on my sidebar, Papyrusaurus
, which is based in my home town of Erie, who is giving away $25 in shop credit! How awesome! She makes amazing geeky things that are totally awesome, check it out!!
May the odds be ever in your favor dear readers! I hope you enjoy the giveaway!! Good luck!
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-44399366-1’, ‘auto’);