There is an awesome Etsy shop, run by an amazing girl that is currently on my sidebar! If you haven’t already checked it out, you should! Especially if you love nerdy, flowery, and adorable things! The shop is called Papyrusaurus
, which is SUCH a cool and interesting name!! Shopping small is awesome and not to mention, she’s based in my home town, which is SUPER awesome! Go show your support!! She came to Pittsburgh recently for a show and I picked up a super cute print and a TARDIS pin, which I’m going to be rocking all the time now!
1. What sparked your love of creating things? I’ve always been into creating and making things. My dad is an artist and woodworker and my mom was VERY into Martha Stewart-y DIY when I was younger, so I probably got it from them.
2. I see you like geeky things, do you have a favorite show? Right now I’m OBSESSED with Once Upon A Time, Reign and Supernatural. Until Doctor Who comes back, anyway.
3. I loose my muse all the time! Do you have a place you go regularly to find inspiration? I’m lucky to have a hilarious dude/sidekick who is a constant source of inspiration. And if he fails to help me come up with something, I’ll resort to re-watching my favorite movies and shows from my childhood for a kick in the pants.
4. Do you have a favorite item in your shop? I’m a little in love with the new floral barrettes and headbands I’ve been tinkering with lately. I have a house full of dudes (well, minus the cat) so it’s been fun to do some super girly, whimsical pieces.
5. You attend local markets and the like. Those seem like so much fun! Do you have a favorite one to attend? The Neighborhood Flea in Pittsburgh is without a doubt my favorite. It’s a fabulous mix of handmade goods, vintage finds and amazing local food. It has a really great laid-back, funky vibe, it’s really like a block party with your best friends. The first one of the year is in just a few days and I’m practically shaking with excitement!
6. How did you come up with your shop’s name, it’s so unique and cute!! I get asked this all the time and I wish I had a great story for it. But it was really just a random thought that popped into my head when I wanted to rename my shop (it’s original name was embarrassingly clunky and terrible.) I work with paper and I’ve always loved dinosaurs…BAM.
7. What is your favorite part about spring? Seeing all of the trees coming back to life and the flowers coming up. My allergies are pretty opposed to it all, but I still love seeing everything get green.
was kind enough to offer $25 credit to whoever wins my birthday giveaway
, so make sure you enter for a chance to win some awesome gifts!! It’s both of our birthday months! April is an awesome month, clearly!
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-44399366-1’, ‘auto’);