I fell off the map towards the end of 2016. I had post drafts all scheduled, but just never got around to fully photographing/editing/writing them up to post them. With November and December being full of family visits, traveling, holidays, and the like, I just couldn’t find time to manage a blog on top of everything else! (I feel like that may sound a bit of a cop-out, but I’m also just a mellow (read as: Lazy) type-B personality) I didn’t even get Christmas cards out this year! Although, I did make New Years cards that I’ll be mailing out soon.
I’m not huge on making New Years resolutions, mainly because then I just feel terrible about myself when I fail to accomplish them. But I do have goals set for 2017 that I (hope) to accomplish!
- Get married without too much stress
- Get a hearing aid (long time overdue)
- Read 75 books (my yearly average goal)
- Mail birthday cards to friends/family members (because bring back snail mail yo)
- Try and become more organic (Move away from store bought things like detergent and make things instead)
- Organize the blog and become a better blogger
They aren’t huge goals, they aren’t particularly mind-blowing, but they are things that I’ve wanted/needed to accomplish, and writing things down always helps! About the blog, I have stopped worrying about stats this past year, which is different than how I was during 2015, where stats were life! I just want to blog to blog, and not blog to try and become some huge-name blogger, because that’s not me. So, I’ll be back to blogging about the things I normally blog about, I want to kind of narrow my niche to fit my blog name better. So expect my posts to change a little bit! I’m planning to keep my series pretty standard though:
- Books for Breakfast – I’m going to shift these to be one book per post, and I’ll actually have the name of the book in the title now, because numbering is getting to seem a bit outrageous since I just passed 100 not too long ago.
- Travel Diaries – I don’t travel as much as I used to, but I want to use this series to also highlight local flavor and use the series to get out more and see new things around my city and other places as well.
- By Design – I want to expound on this and include more design posts, I’m working to create at least one new thing (project-wise) a month so I don’t get rusty.
- Wedding Wednesday – Once a month wedding planning updates, I’m still planning to run this series until September because I’m a terrible planner, and perhaps someone can learn from my struggles and struggle less themselves.
And I think that’s about it! Enjoy 2017 and may it treat you well!