Ever experienced envy at the fact that no matter how you photograph your pet, no matter what absolutely ridiculous pose they are in, they still manage to look cuter than you? If so, I feel you. I delete basically every selfie, and then turn around and take 100+ photos of my flawless feline child. I can put on makeup, find perfect lighting, try and fix my hair, and take a sub-par selfie, only to turn around and see Yuki laying on the bed looking like a model. Maybe it’s just because she’s my cat, but damn, look at this majestic creature. Look at those eyes! Look at that little black spot on her little nose!
So, how can you tell if your pet is more photogenic than you?
- You delete multiple selfies a day, but never delete one of your pet.
- No matter what they do, they look cute. Would you look cute draped over a chair armrest? Probably not, but who am I to judge?
- Your pet’s pictures always get more likes on Instagram, and by more I mean like 50% more. It’s okay. I understand.
- When you selfie with your pet, your pet still manages to draw all the attention. Your flawless hair means nothing when compared to that glistening fur coat. Sorry.
- You find yourself deleting other photos to make room for pet pics.
- When showing someone a selfie, they comment “wow your cat on the bed behind you is adorable!!”
- If you face swap with your pet, they still look better than you.
- You don’t even need Instgram filters to make your pet look flawless
Look at that dumb pose and that confused face, she’s beautiful. I couldn’t replicate it if I tried.